Sunday 22 April 2012

Life's a beach

Sunday was spent mainly on the beach which, normally empty during the week, was extremely busy at the weekend - vendors selling all manner of things strolling up and down the sand. We've also been told its some kind of holiday - Brasilia's birthday or something like that.

Gareth, Sean and the children were taken off for a while to meet a local artist who is a friend of Patrick and KeKe's whilst Caroline and I stayed and chatted on the beach. I stupidly threw caution to the wind and substituted my usual factor 50 for some of Caroline's factor 20 and now have two vicious red stripes down the fronts of my legs which is very attractive.

Soon it was lunchtime and time to go in and shower off. Sean turns 33 on the 24th so KeKe and Patrick threw him a little surprise party and barbecue on the rooftop balcony. It was a jovial, relaxing afternoon and evening - our last in Brazil.



After an ice cream in the next door parlour it was early to bed for us all because too much time in the sun had tired us out.

Tomorrow we fly home. It's odd because I don't know exactly how I feel about this. I'm certainly looking forward to being in my own house, seeing friends and family again and just being in England but am also apprehensive about returning to the real world after a month away. It's as though I've forgotten how my life used to run but I guess I'll fall back into the old pattern of things. I'm going to have to because it's straight back to work and school the morning after our return *sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment