Monday 23 April 2012

Ciao Brazil!


The entire morning has been spent packing - the suitcases are like a puzzle that just don't seem to fit anymore.
Soon the taxi will be here to take us to the airport for our internal flight to Sao Paulo then later on to Heathrow.

I was unsure of Brazil when I first arrived here but it has been an incredible trip with the countries diversity. The buzz of Rio, the spectacle of Foz, the richness of wildlife in the Pantanal and the relaxing family holiday aspect of Joao Pessoa. It's been like four different vacations in one.

I don't suspect I shall ever visit Brazil again in my lifetime. There are too many other countries to sample and it's just too far away to be on the regular English tourists travel map (hence why we've barely met any other Brits). But I shall remember it always as the trip of a lifetime.

I'll miss the ham and cheese toasties for breakfast, the açai, the warmth, the amazing sights. I've advised Erin to come back in her gap year perhaps and to see the things we didn't see - Christ the Redeemer and the worlds largest cashew tree (I don't think any of us will get over missing out on that).

So goodbye Brazil. There have been many highs and a few lows but an entire month spent anywhere would result in that. Maybe when I'm old and grey and can spend my last years on my travels I'll be back again. Who knows?

Oh, and thanks for listening!!

xxx Suz, Gareth, Erin and Ibby

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Suz, it's been a great read! Hope to catch up soon on your return xxx James xxx

    ReplyDelete